Shredded Poached Chicken | ChopChop
Shredded chicken is cooked chicken that is pulled apart into small, uneven strips. It can be used in all sorts of dishes like chicken soup, green salads, fajitas (fa-HEE-tahs), omelets and scrambled eggs.
Skillet with lid
Tongs or fork
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- With the help of your adult, put the skillet on the stove and put all the ingredients into the skillet. Turn the heat to medium and when it boils, turn it off.
- Carefully, using a fork or a pair of tongs, turn the chicken over.
- With the help of your adult, turn the heat back to medium and watch carefully until it just starts to boil.
- With the help of your adult, turn the heat off. Put the lid on.
- Let the chicken sin in the hot water for about 30 minutes, or until it is completely white.
- Using tongs or a fork, take the chicken out of the skillet and put it in the mixing bowl to cool. Throw away the vegetables (they were just for flavor).
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Using clean hands, shed the chicken into small pieces. Or use two forks to pull apart the chicken into small, stringy strips.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.