Purple Cabbage Slaw | ChopChop
Purple cabbage, also known as red cabbage, has a strong taste so if you aren’t a cabbage eater you might want to make this with the more delicate green or Savoy cabbage first—or you can start with a bag of coleslaw mix, which is just shredded cabbage and carrots.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Box grater (adult needed)
Large spoon or tongs, for tossing
- Cut the cabbage in half and put each half, flat side down, on the cutting board.
- Cut each half into the thinnest slices you are able to.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Add 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil and 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Add 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken (to make it a meal)
- Add 1⁄4- teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you like spicy)