Pumpkin Loaf with Raisins and Dried Cherries | ChopChop
Recipe by Bill Yosses.
Here’s a recipe for a sweet and wholesome quick bread that’s the perfect treat to pack in a lunchbox.
8- x 4-inch metal or glass loaf pan
Small mixing bowl
Large mixing bowl
Electric mixer (if you have one)
- With the help of your adult, turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees. Spray the loaf pan with cooking spray (or grease it with oil).
- Put the flours, seeds, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in the small bowl and use the whisk to mix well. Set aside.
- Put the pumpkin, oil, honey, brown sugar and eggs in the large bowl and use the mixer or a spoon to combine until well blended.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dried fruits and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.With the help of your adult, put the pan in the oven and bake until a toothpick, when you stick it into the loaf, comes out clean with no batter on it, 50-55 minutes.
- Set aside to cool in the pan. Turn the loaf out onto the cooling rack and let cool completely. Cover and leave at room temperature for up to 3 days.