Not Your Grandma's Fried Chicken | ChopChop
Oven-fried chicken is way better than pan-fried. It tastes better, is better for you, and doesn’t smoke up the kitchen!
Mixing spoon or whisk
Large skillet or frying pan
Spatula or tongs
With the help of your adult, turn the oven on and set it to 400 degrees.
- Pour the oil on the baking sheet and, using your clean hands or a paper towel, spread it around.
- Put the bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper, and, cayenne (if you like it) on a large plate. Mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl (throw the shells away). Add the mustard and thyme and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and swish them around until they are well coated with the egg mixture.
- Remove the chicken pieces, one at a time, from the egg mixture and let any extra egg mixture drip off.
- Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, in the bread crumb mixture, rolling them and pressing down to coat each side.
- Shake off any extra coating, then put the chicken pieces on the baking sheet.
- With the help of your adult, put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Using a spatula or tongs, turn the chicken pieces over and bake until golden brown, 15–20 more minutes. Serve right away, with a quarter of a lemon on each plate.