Green-and-Bean Quesadilla | ChopChop
A quesadilla (KAY-SAH-DEE-YA) is a Mexican snack. It’s a lot like a grilled cheese sandwich made on flat, round bread, called a tortilla (TOR-TEE-YUH).
Microwave or nonstick skillet
- Put one tortilla on the plate and cover with the spinach leaves.
- Top the spinach leaves with the mashed beans.
- Top the beans with the cheese.
- If you like avocado, ask your adult to help you slice it, then put a few slices on top of the cheese.
- Put the other tortilla on top of the avocado, gently pressing it down so the top half sticks. (Don’t pat it down too much or the insides will squish out!)
- Put the plate in the microwave and heat until the cheese melts, about 45 seconds. Or, with the help of your adult, place a nonstick skillet over medium heat until it’s hot, then place the tortilla in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 1–2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside to cool a little bit: Careful! The spinach and cheese will be wicked hot!
- With the help of your adult, cut the quesadilla into 8 triangles. Serve with salsa.
*Pitted means without pits. It sounds like the opposite though, doesn’t it?