Garlicky Green Beans | ChopChop
This is one of those amazing vegetable recipes that makes something so delicious you can’t stop eating it—and you don’t need to! This makes a great side dish for just about anything, and the beans are good at room-temperature or cold too.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Heatproof spatula or wooden spoon
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to low.
- Add the oil. Add the garlic and (if you like) the ginger and cook until they just start to change color (they’ll get a little bit golden), about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and stir until they are lightly coated with the oil.
- Add the water, raise the heat to high, and cook until the pan is almost dry, about 6 minutes.
- Move the beans to a plate or platter, then taste a bean and add salt if you think it needs it. Serve right away.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almonds or walnuts
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (if you want to make it spicy)