Crunchy Chicken Thighs | ChopChop
This recipe is yummy and easy: The oven does most of the work for you.
Sharp knife (adult needed) or kitchen scissors
Large ovenproof skillet or baking pan
Grater or zester
Small mixing bowl
Tongs or spatula
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Turn the oven on and set it to 425 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a single layer in the skillet or baking pan. [When handling raw chicken, it is very important that you wash your hands really well after you touch it, before you touch anything else.]
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. (Stop for a second to smell this mixture—isn’t it fragrant?) Pour the garlic mixture over the chicken, making sure the chicken is covered. Now turn the chicken pieces so that the skin (and most of the garlic) is on the bottom.
- Put the chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Take the skillet or baking pan out of the oven and use the tongs or spatula to turn the chicken over very carefully, so the skin is on top.
- Put the skillet or baking pan back in the oven and bake until the chicken is well browned and crispy, about another 30 minutes. Serve right away.
Tip: When handling raw chicken, it is very important that you wash your hands well after you touch it, before you touch anything else.