Cool Red Gazpacho | ChopChop
If you like salsa, you'll like gazpacho. Sometimes called a liquid salad, gazpacho come from Spain but is served in Portugal and Latin American countries too!
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Wooden spoon or fork
Food processor or potato masher
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put the diced cucumbers, tomato, onion, bell pepper and garlic into the mixing bowl and mix them together with the spoon or fork.
- With the help of your adult, get the food processor ready by carefully putting the steel blade in place, put half the gazpacho mixture into the processor and put the top on tightly. (if you don't have a food processor, you can mash everything together with a fork or potato masher.)
- Press the "pulse" button on the processor 2 or 3 times, or until all the ingredients are chopped up even more, but not so much that you make the mixture smooth.
- With the help of your adult, remove the top of the food processor (be careful of the blade) and pour the mixture back onto the bowl. Carefully put the blade in the sink.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, tomato or V8 juice, water and salt to the bowl and stir everything together.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Add the toppings just before serving.
Did you know? Want to try different colored tomatoes? Orange, green, and yellow tomatoes have just as much of the good-for-you stuff as the red ones do.