Broccoli Makeover | ChopChop
I hate broccoli, okay? I know it's good for me. I challenge you to make it taste good.
My “broc” rocks! Try this tasty recipe. You'll be begging for more!
Sharp Knife (adult needed)
Clean dish towel or paper towels
- With the help of your adult, turn the oven on and set it to 500 degrees.
- With the help of your adult, using a sharp knife, separate broccoli into bite- size florets (the curly part) and stems.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the stalks’ outer peels and cut the stalks into 2–3 inch pieces. Put the florets and peeled stems on a baking sheet.
- Add olive oil and salt and mix well.
- With the help of your adult, put the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the broccoli is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- With the help of your adult, take the sheet out of the oven. If you like, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or lemon juice—or both.