Basic Quesadilla | ChopChop
A quesadilla is like a grilled cheese sandwich, but you use a folded tortilla instead of two pieces of bread. It makes a good, quick lunch, or you can serve it with a salad for dinner. You can add any type of beans or fresh vegetables you like to the filling.
- Put one tortilla on the large plate and sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese over half of it. Try not to get the cheese too close to the edge of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over to make a half- moon shape.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Carefully, add the filled tortilla to the hot skillet and cook until the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese is gooey, about 2 minutes. Using the spatula, turn the tortilla over and cook another 2 minutes. Move the cooked tortilla to the serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla, cheese, and oil. Serve right away.
Add any or all of these (1⁄4 cup total) to each tortilla when you add the cheese:
- Canned or cooked black beans
- Corn kernels
- Diced tomatoes or bell peppers
- Sliced or shredded cooked chicken
- Leftover cooked zucchini, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, or potatoes
- Baby spinach or kale